Sunday, July 10, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things..(for the kids)

I've recently been asked on my facebook to spill the beans about what some of my favorite natural products are for basic things such as diaper rash cream, soap, etc.  So here is a list of things I've thought of off the top of my head. I'll be splitting this into two posts. This one is going to include things that I use on my kids and hopefully tomorrow (or at least soon) I will post about my favorite products for me.  Some of these products will overlap so just be warned you might start reading and feel a little "deja vu".  You're not going crazy because  you most likely already did read about how much I liked that product.  It's very possible that I've forgotten something but in my defense, there are a lot of things I love. I'm not going to list all the ingredients and claims for every little thing that these products do, but I will leave you a link so that you can find and do some more research yourself.

I think I've covered everything that was asked and that I can think to cover.  If you'd like any opinions on any other categories please, feel free to let me know in the comments.  It's taken me three hours and having to stop and start this blog post to finish it so I apologize if I've forgotten something :P

DIAPER RASH CREAM
* Delish Naturals Yum Bum Butter- This is made by a Canadian WAHM and is wonderful. I've used it for diaper rash cream and for cradle cap and it worked for both.  I have also loan some to a friend and she claimed it took the itch out of her son's eczema.  I assume it worked really well because her son climbed the counter to get the stuff and used the rest of it (which was quite a bit) on himself, so even 2-year-old's like it :) This is cloth diaper friendly.  Other places you can purchase this product (in the USA) are ali AND swan and Rockin' Green Soap.

* Dimpleskins Naturals Bum Bum Balm- This is also cloth diaper safe.  I received a sample with a purchase over the holiday season and it works really well, just as well as the Delish Naturals stuff.  I prefer the Delish Naturals because of their delicious scents but this is a nice alternative.  You can also purchase this product on Amazon with free shipping if you have Amazon Prime or Amazon Mom.

*CJ's BUTTer Spritz- This one is cloth diaper safe, also.  It also comes in a tub like the two creams above, and I think in a stick?  CJ's BUTTer is just general a favorite in the cloth diapering community.  My only experience has been with the spritz.  I don't love it as much as I do the first two, but it's great for the times that I don't want to get my hands messy or a teething rash has left a tender butt so red that touching it would cause more pain :( Monkey Farts is hands down my favorite part about it.  I just love a good fruity booty ;)

*Method Baby Squeaky Green- This is my favorite rash cream that you can get in the store.  I usually pick mine up at Babies'R'Us.  Some places online claim that it's cloth diaper safe but I noticed repelling in my cloth when I used it, so I save it for when I've got kids in disposables.  I'm pretty sure all of their products claim to be 99% natural which is a lot closer than most things you can use on your kids, right?  I also really like that this stuff isn't sticky like Desitin and other things.  It's nice and smooth.

SOAP/SHAMPOO/BABYWASH
Squid Balm- You can find my blog post about their products below this one.  Their things are not tear-free but are very  mild.  I use them on my nearly 1yo twins and my 2yo.  I've gotten it in their eyes a time or two but a swipe with a dry towel makes it better.  Their eyes have never been read or bloodshot afterwards either so irritation is very minimal.  The products Squid Balm has includes soap, solid lotion, solid shampoo, solid conditioner and an oil face cleanser.  You really can not go wrong with this stuff, I love it all and it's all I use anymore in the shower for me and the kids.

*Method Baby Squeaky Green hair + body wash- This is what I started using for the twins when they were born (before I found Squid Balm).  I really like this stuff. It smells nice and is gentle.  I use a tummy tub to bathe them in and used to just squirt some of this in the water.  That way I didn't have to pull them out to wash them off and instead could just stick my sponge in the water and wash them while they were still immersed.

*Method Baby Bubbly Bath- Conner loves bubble baths but most bubbles are NOT tear free and hurt his eyes.  He likes to dump water on his head so just being careful doesn't cut it when it comes to bubbles.  The suds up fairly well just by squirting some in the stream of water going into the tub from the faucet.


LOTION
*Squid Balm- Solid lotion bar that is all natural.  Go to the link to read all the wonderful stuff about it as I really would just be copying and pasting it anways :) It was originally intended to help relieve eczema for the creator's daughter but works great as just a general lotion.

*Method Baby Squeaky Green Lotion- I really like this lotion also.  It's not too thick but still makes my hands feel nice.  I really never remember to put lotion on my kids but I keep this by my kitchen sink and use it fairly frequently when I've been washing my hands so much that they're starting to feel dry and chapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment